It’s a bold statement, but the oxford check double-breasted coat is one of my most complimented pieces I’ve bought this season.
Originally, I thought this coat would only look good with a select group of colors but I was wrong. The beauty about the color pattern is that it acts as a neutral palette in my wardrobe. I’ve worn this with black, white, denim, etc. It looks just as good in a casual setting as it does all dressed up with a black dress and heels. If you love the pattern as much as I do, pick up the matching skirt. It looks really cute with a black turtleneck.
The coat is fully lined and perfect for our current weather here in NYC. It’s probably not going to be heavy enough for those below zero days outside, though. No problem, just add a layer underneath. Since I love wearing hats (not sure why because it flattens my hair), I added this stocking cap for a little added fun for the season! Bonus, it keeps me warm 🙂
For the expecting mommas out there…
As my pregnancy has progressed, I am caught in between when it comes to layering. I typically get cold this time of year but lately I have been hot even when outside and needing to shed layers. The sweater dress and coat have proven to be super valuable as it’s reduced the number of layers usually necessary for this weather. Someone who’s traditionally cold (ALL THE TIME), it’s been a relief to be a little bit on the warmer side this season. Especially for expecting mommas living in NYC, our coats are essential during the fall/winter season. Having a staple piece like this in your closet will be a big relief when you don’t want to wear any more black.
I imagine my belly will continue to get rounder and come middle of December, the coat will no longer button. It’s an easy fix though. I’ll simply throw on a long scarf to add that layer in front, which should work great for the remainder of the season. I’ll probably need to add another layer or two as the temperature continues to drop. Even though I’ve been unusually warm this season, it won’t last long as it starts to get cold.
As for what goes under the coat…
If you’re like me, and getting rounder by the day, you look at your closet and just sigh. Most of us really have nothing to wear when we get this far along in our pregnancy (35 weeks) and we clearly still want to be stylish and feel attractive in what we put on everyday. The non-maternity dresses from H&M have proven to be a lifesaver. I’m still wearing pieces that I wore in my first trimester! Here are some of my favorite pieces from H&M and they will last you throughout your pregnancy.
Here’s are a few ways I’ve worn H&M dresses throughout my pregnancy…
- Wore this long cardigan with a simple white dress from H&M and wore something similar here with this long cardigan.
- This black dress that I wore here is currently my #1 in my closet for maternity style.
- This look is probably my favorite look for my third trimester. I felt sleek and sexy wearing this dress (wearing size 6, but should have gotten size 8) and cardigan. It comes in brown, black and grey.
- This dress that I wore here is still available in small and you better believe I’ll be wearing this with a black blazer this season!
- Love off the shoulder look for the holiday season and here’s a similar one.
- Last but not least, my the little black dress thats under $15! Super versatile… I love wearing this around the apartment or dressing up with heels, like I wore here.
*Sunglasses (you can rent them for $24 per month via Ditto! Use CORPORATECATWALK code for the first month free!)
Follow me on Bloglovin’