Some of my go-to hairstyles involve curls. If there’s a curling iron on the market I can pretty much guarantee I’ve tried it. I expect my tools to last, create a curl that holds and be easy to use. Below I’ve included my list of pros and cons along with my rating on a 5-star scale. There’s also a picture of the curl each wand creates to give you an idea of the tool’s capabilities. I’ll be doing a follow-up post that reviewing more curling irons. Don’t forget with heat styling it’s important to take extra care of your hair too.
The Bombshell wand is how I learned how to style my hair. This is the wand that changed my hair path. When I first moved to NYC, this was the wand used by most bloggers, so naturally, I had to try it out for myself. That was almost five years ago, so it goes to show that the wand has great longevity.
- The wand gives you the most beautiful curls. I love the way they look when they’re freshly curled and brushed out.
- Different ways to curl your hair, but you can give yourself a loose or tight curl depending on your hairstyle and they stay.
- One of the few hair wands that will curl for 24 hours (humidity and rain excluded from the equation).
- Durable! I can’t tell you how many times I dropped this on the floor and it withstood the pain.
- Amazing customer service. Be sure to register the product and they give you a 2-year warranty.
- Might not seem like a selling point, but it has a 9′ cord, so necessary sometimes.
- Comes with heat-resistant styling glove.
- Only on or off. I wish this wand gave you a little heat control because I think it could damage most hair types if not used correctly.
- Use the glove. Your hair will get really hot and burn your hands if you touch it with your hands.
My Sulta wand broke the day before our engagement photos, so I went to my nearest Walgreens and picked up this Conair curling iron. As you can see in my engagement photos, my curls didn’t hold.
- The price is fantastic!
- Heat control — 25 heat settings! If you have thin or fine hair, this might be a good option because you don’t want to put too much head on your locks.
- Safety counter rest and cool plastic tip to prevent burning yourself. If you’re new to curling your hair, try a Conair.
- Didn’t hold my curls longer than an hour. Next time I will try and set with pins and hairspray.
- The clamp is clunky and heavy on hair. I’ve found that it sometimes pulls and pinches my hair.
The Drybar Wrap Party Wand has been a favorite for six months. I love the hold and the curl I get from this wand. Since the wand is tapered, you can achieve so many different styles from this one tool. I used it to create this look here.
- The curls are always full and beautiful.
- My curls hold all day
- Heat control up to 450 degrees. This is ideal for all hair types. The hotter the better for me, so I would turn on the iron and automatically crank it up to max heat.
- This curling iron also has a 9-foot cord. Amazing!
- Automatically shuts off after 60 minutes. Love the built-in safety.
- The curling iron stopped working on our recent trip to Montauk, but everyone at Drybar salon said they have great customer service and will replace. I’ll keep you updated. So my con is durability
- Price tag. This is the most expensive wand on my review. It’s certainly worth a premium, just wondering at what cost.
- This curling iron is beautiful! It’s even more beautiful in person. Makes for an amazing gift for others!
- Heat control, therefore not overheating your hair, especially if you have thin or fine hair.
- Gives you a sleek curl without any frizz
- This is a good universal curling iron. Can be used with our without the clamp to create different curls.
- My curls didn’t last all day. They fell one hour after curling. This was my experience, I know others women have great results from the curls.
- The temperature of the iron doesn’t get hot enough for my hair. I have to hold the iron in my hair to get the curl to stay and then I set with a bobbi pin and air spray for longer lasting curls.
The NuMe brand is new to my regimen. I’ve only used the two products from the collection and both showed results. The NuMe is 4 stars in my book.
- This curling wand holds your curl. Which you know is #1 in my book.
- The price tag is unbeatable, especially in today’s market.
- Comes with a heat-resistant styling glove. You’ll need it because this wand gets hot!
- The wand only has one heat temperature, which is great for people like me who have hair that can withstand the hot temperature. For someone with a different hair type or texture, this could potentially cause harm to your locks. If you know that your hair can withstand the heat, I’d recommend this curling iron.
- Not sure if it’s a “con”, but the iron is almost too lightweight where it feels like it’s going to break when it falls on the floor. I’m happy to report that it has withstood a few bumps and bruises.
There are so many different tools on the market it can feel a little overwhelming at times. A lot of the curling irons reviewed here are great options. It really depends on what you’re looking for and your hair type. With the right one and a little practice, you’ll have gorgeous curls that last throughout the day. Do you have a curling iron you love?