With the weather being cold and wet here in NYC, we were ready to get somewhere warm. In the past, we’ve gone to Florida and Playa Del Carmen. We had the opportunity to experience Turks & Caicos with Beaches and headed down for a little family vacation. It’s an easy, direct 3-hour flight from NYC. All we could think about on the way down was the crystal clear blue water and palm trees. We weren’t disappointed.
Beaches Turks & Caicos resort is simply the best family-friendly resort we have ever experienced. This place was huge including five separate but inclusive villages along with 21 restaurants from which to choose on the grounds. That is only the start. It is all-inclusive. Everything! This included shows, expeditions, rentals, food & drink, water park, a day camp for the kiddos, etc. There is so much to keep us parents occupied and Sebastian was in heaven. Oh, it’s also situated on 12 miles of sweeping white-sand beach, Grace Bay, that was voted as the #1 beach in the world (TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice awards).
- Room: We stayed in The Italian Village. Our room was a Concierge Family Suite with Kid’s Room. It was perfect. There was a separate room for Sebastian to sleep in his crib. It included white glove service to make sure we always had everything we needed. This includes help scheduling, daily stocked bar and fridge, transportation, etc.
- Dining: Beaches boasts 22 dining options across 21 international restaurants. Everything from seafood, pasta, pub food, pizza, sushi and more. Plenty of options for the kids including gourmet food trucks where the ice cream is the perfect break from the water park.
- Cocktails: For the adults, you have free rein on all the tropical libations you could want. There are 15 bars across the resort with 3 swim-up bars. Nothing like a family picture with everyone drinking a frozen cocktail. Sebastian loved his little virgin piña colada!
Shop Olivia’s Looks
- Whole Family: The main attraction for us was the Pirates Island Waterpark. We took Sebastian down his first water slide! There are all kinds of land and water sports and activities. On our last morning there, we took a glass bottom boat trip to look out over the reef. The giant sea turtles were another highlight of the trip! Also, they have concerts and shows at the stage in the French Village.
- Kids: Did I mention the water park? They also have an Xbox, kid’s camp, activities with Sesame Street characters, Xbox play lounge, trench town arcade room, train tour and much more. There is not a worry in the world that your kiddos will be bored on this vacation. We missed the Sesame Street Breakfast, but we attended the Sesame Street Concert and Elmo’s Birthday Party. Sebastian loved it!
- Adults: Scuba, snorkeling, and sailing adventures along with fishing and dune buggy tours. Matt and I did a little snorkeling on our own while Sebastian was with our on-site nanny(more on that here in a little bit). You also have incredible spa services available at Red Lane Spa along with private dining experience options. Who doesn’t love to get a massage and then have a candlelit dinner overlooking the incredible Caribbean Sea?
Shop Matt’s Looks
- Kid’s Camp- Beaches offers a kid’s camp with age-appropriate activities for your kids regardless of their age. They are always supervised by INA(International Nanny Association) certified professionals. Our Nanny took Sebastian to play with the other kids here while Matt and I went out to explore the resort.
- Private Childcare- We took advantage of their on-site nanny service. This was so amazing because we were able to have a certified nanny on site in our room while Sebastian was sleeping. She then took him to day camp so we could have some time to ourselves during the stay.
Shop Sebastian’s Looks
We didn’t realize just how much Beaches Turks & Caicos offers until we got down there. Matt and I aren’t much for planning but on our next trip down, we will take advantage of everything (or at least as much as we can fit in). The number one thing we took away is that you can make this vacation as busy or relaxed as you want it to be with your kids. There are so many great options for whatever your perfect vacation looks like. You make it your own. The crystal clear water, the white sand beaches, the endless pools, food and drinks, and entertainment make it a once in a lifetime type of experience. The next time you are searching for a tropical family getaway, look no further than Beaches. True family paradise!
Thank you to everyone for all your recommendations! Even though we couldn’t make it everywhere this time, all of your comments were noted for our next trip down to Turks & Caicos. Keep an eye out for our other upcoming trips this year. I shared some of them on our travel wish list.