Itinerary For Family Vacation to Sarasota Florida
We had a great time in Clearwater and we were so excited to be headed to Sarasota for second half of our Florida trip! We had heard of Sarasota’s amazing beaches but we were really stoked to try this amazing little seafood joint called Owen’s Fish Camp. The drive was really easy, just about an hour or so south. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota and it was beautiful! As you would expect at a Ritz, everything was immaculate from the service, amenities, food, rooms, grounds, everything. They even gave Sebastian the most adorable little Ritz- Carlton stuffed lion. It was so sweet. Details on the trip below…
Palm Tree Dresses
DAY ONE – SPA TIME
- Arrived: We got to the Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota at about 2pm and got checked in. Matt, Sebastian and I headed outside to check out the grounds and have a drink on the patio before my massage 🙂
- Spa: The Spa & Salon there was exquisite. Matt took Sebastian out for a stroll, while I enjoyed a nice long massage!
- Dinner: Dinner at Jack Dusty’s at the Ritz. The oysters and grouper were ridiculously delicious.
- Early End: We were drained so we went upstairs, hung out on the patio for a little bit and went to bed. Great start to our stay.
Beach Cover Ups
DAY TWO – BEACH CLUB
- Breakfast: Before we headed out for the day, we stopped in to eat at the incredible buffet downstairs at the Ritz.
- Beach Club: Drove out to Lido Key to hang out at The Ritz Carlton Beach Club. They had the cutest cabana waiting for us with a crib set-up for Sebastian. It was so cool of them and the setting overlooking the pool and ocean! Perfecto!
- Lunch: Went to the upstairs deck at the club for lunch.
- Beach: After lunch, we headed down to the beach to play in the sand. A few sun-soaked hours later we headed back to the hotel to clean-up and get ready for dinner.
- Dinner: We walked down the street to Owen’s Fish Camp. This place was out of bounds. Our dinner… Mussels with melted leak butter to start, Pecan Crusted Trout with crawfish butter and Sea scallops with braised pork, succotash and grits for mains, and fried black cherry pie for dessert! This place is a must when you come to Sarasota! Epic.
- Drinks by Water: We walked back home to the Ritz sat on the back patio for a drink. It is such a neat setting looking out at the lights cascading across the water.
DAY THREE – BACK TO THE BEACH
- Breakfast: Woke up on our last day in Florida to bright sunshine. We headed up to the Club Lounge for breakfast. Sat outside overlooking the pool. Fun fact: They have one of the highest rated Ritz-Carlton Club lounges in the world! Really cool.
- Beach: After breakfast, we packed up the car and went back to the Beach Club to hang out for a few hours before heading to the airport. We grabbed a couple beach chairs and relaxed.
- Lunch: Quick snack at the pool and then headed to the Tampa airport.
- Airport: Took a short detour(forgot my wallet at the beach club. Lost about 30min roundtrip). Dropped the car off, checked in and headed home 🙁
We had such a great time with Sebastian in Florida. It really is the perfect getaway spot for a long weekend! It’s a direct flight from NYC into Tampa and just a short drive to Clearwater and Sarasota. Both spots were incredibly kid-friendly and have everything you need for an amazing and relaxing weekend! We can’t wait to go back and maybe we will bring Batman along next time! He would love it too.
Thank you Visit Florida for sponsoring our trip and today’s post!
I’ve only heard great things about Sarasota! Beautiful dress and I love your charming family photos!