Shop the Look Here
To start off the work week, here are a few of my favorite articles to help inspire and motivate you this week.
- I’m guilting of saying so many of these, but here are 7 Phrases to Stop Saying at Work by The Everygirl. When it comes to emails, re-read, re-read and re-read! The “Let me know” response is a phrase I have eliminated from my vocabulary. Instead, I’ve been more direct using the line, “I have time late this week. What works best for your schedule to discuss this further”.
- Here are 14 apps to help you shop, cook and eat better. I currently use Lose It, MyFitnessPal and Instacart. I’ll have to give the other ones a try!
- The Internship. It’s a catch 22. They want you to have two or more years of applicable experience, but you just graduated college. I remember this predicament. Read this article, Internships 101: Expectations, Realities and Lessons, or pass it along if you’re looking for experience in a new field or just graduating college.
- If you want to get into the tech industry, more specifically “Cloud”, here’s a great article, “Want to Work for a Cloud Company? Here’s the Cream of the Crop.” ps. when looking to learn more about companies, check out Glassdoor. They have employees write reviews (some are a little more bias than others). You can check out the most loved CEOs here!
- Phew, I’ve had a few of these in my career, here’s advice on how to not Let a Bad Boss Break Your Spirt.
- My dream is to travel for a few months. Yesterday, I told Matt that I want to travel for a couple months next year. He agreed. Matt loves planning the destinations. At my previous job, one of the top performers took a seven month sabbatical and traveled the world with his wife. I envy the person who has the courage to leave everything and live out their dreams. It’s a good reminder to just do it, if you want to do something. We have have one shot at this life. The working world will always be there when you return. In the meantime, for those seeking adventure, check out this advice from a 31-year-old who’s been traveling the world for 5 years.
- This is a good follow up to the previous article, here are 6 Things To Do Before Becoming Self-Employed.
- Yes! This couldn’t be more accurate, here are 5 People Everybody Needs in Their Corner. The non-business friend is someone who keeps you level headed and a good reminder that there’s life after work 🙂
- As you continue to advance in your career, communication is key. Here are 17 Questions You Can Answer If You’re A Good Communicator. I’m always working on telling more stories and not being too wordy. What are yours?