With Father’s Day right around the corner, June 19th, here are ten gift ideas for the special dad in your life. I’ve spent the last eight years away from my dad for Father’s Day. I typically make a trip between his birthday and Father’s Day to make up for last time. If you’re one of the lucky ones to spend Father’s Day with you dad, be sure to give him an extra big hug and remind him how much you love him.
If your dad is anything like mine, he just wants to spend time together. Here are five ways to create fun memories with your dad.
- Baseball game – buy two tickets to a baseball game and enjoy a hot dog and nachos with him, he’ll love it!
- Miniature golf – take your dad miniature golfing. You’ll have plenty of laughs together as you putt your way through the course.
- Get ice cream together – it’s sometimes the small things that make a difference. Surprise your dad and take him to ice cream. Sit outside and I’m sure you’ll start talking about old memories together.
- Help him cook – if you’re having dinner with your dad, go with him to the store to pick up all ingredients. He’ll want to show off his grilling or cooking skills, serve as his sous chef, he’ll appreciate the help.
- Breakfast in bed – if you can make it to your parent’s house before they wake up, make your dad breakfast in bed. If you can’t, stop by the bakery and bring breakfast over. For an extra special surprise, find an old gift that you gave him as a child and include a photo. This will make his heart melt.